Friday, March 30, 2012

Fresh Baked Muffins

Hi everyone, I hope all you reader are doing well. I know that I am feeling great. Stress free, getting all the projects and errands that I need to get done, well done. And what I great feeling and sense of accomplishment when you actually complete your entire to-do list. So, yesterday I didn't really have much going on, so my sister(age 10) and I decided to make muffins. We were flipping through different cookbooks, and came across Raspberry Corn Muffins, in the Barefoot Contessa cookbook by Ina Garden. I am a huge fan of Ina, and I want to live at her home in East Hampton, Connecticut. But anyways, at first I was little sceptical about the muffins because they have medium grind cornmeal in them, and I really didn't just want to make cornbread, but in muffin form. But we gave them a chance, and they turned out great. They probably one of the best home made muffins I have had. Now the key to these muffins is the the jam(see recipe below), you must use good jam, I recommend any french brand, because they typically make the best of everything.
Here are some pictures of how the muffins turned out.


Once the muffins were cooled I stored mine, on a cake plate with a lid, to keep them fresh. But you could also store them in a cookie tin, or even a Tupperware container. 


The great things about these muffins, is that they are so versatile, you could change up the type of jam, add different things to the mix, or have them with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.

Below is the recipe for Raspberry Corn Muffins
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins

Ingredients:
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of medium grind cornmeal
2 tbs. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
2 stick of butter (melted)
2 large eggs
3/4 cups raspberry preserve

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners
In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder and salt
In a separate bowl combine milk, melted butter and eggs
Once mixed, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until blended
Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top
Bake for 20 minutes
Once muffins have cooled, cute a hole in the top with either an apple corer or a melon baler. Scoop the excess out in one piece. Spoon in the raspberry preserve until the top, and replace the cut-out piece or the lid.
Repeat for all the muffins
Store in a dry, air-tight container
Enjoy!

I hope everyone decides to try the muffins, because they are delicious and nutritious(well minus the jam that is).Anyways thats all for now.
ttyl
xoxo
C for P

No comments:

Post a Comment